Introducing Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park, Birmingham

Located near Cannon Hill Park on the Pershore Road in Edgbaston, this was formerly the Birmingham Nature Centre. Entrance building used to be the Birmingham Natural History Museum.


Birmingham Zoo opened in 1964 by the Dudley Zoological Society within Cannon Hill Park. The zoo closed in 1973 and was reopened in 1974 by Birmingham City Council as the Birmingham Nature Centre. The entrance was originally part of the Birmingham Natural History Museum from 1953 until it became a zoo a decade later. The centre was rebranded in 2014 to the Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park.

Project dates

20 May 2020 - On-going

Passions

History & heritage, Photography, Environment & green action
People & community, Rivers, lakes & canals, Classic Architecture

Contact

(for further information)

Admin FreeTimePays

0121 410 5520
Admin@ FreeTimePays.com

Show more